Subject: Re: LW in April CGW
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:21:14 -0700

Tim Krego writes:
>>He also mentioned that MAX was barely visible at the show, while LW 5.0 
>>was absolutely everywhere.
>
>I guess this depends on who you listen to. I've heard others say MAX was the
>big hit of NAB.

Quite frankly, you would have to be walking around with your eyes closed
to not realize that LW had a much stronger presence at NAB than Max.
This has nothing to do with feature sets or relative strengths of either
program. But it does seem to indicate that pre-announcing all of Max's
features at Siggraph made its showing at NAB less spectacular. And the
number of non-NewTek booths showing off LW, LW imagery, and LW related
products was unprecedented.
  *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  *           Mark Thompson           http://www.mv.com/ipusers/fusion  *
  *         Fusion Films, Inc.              [email-masked]          *
  * Director of Animation and Special FX      (603) 424-1829            *
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~